In the month of May, we are proud to announce the admission of our new Junior Partner, Rachel Ong Lih Shan. As one of the earliest padawans of Chris and CA through and through, Rachel advises on property transactions, corporate affairs and development as well as taking charge of company secretarial services for selected strategic clients.
Designated as a Partner for Communication
Rachel heads the legal assistants and supporting staffs in the Firm. She is responsible for the internal communication within the Firm and the welfare of all CAtizens. Making and maintaining CA a happy place to work is essential as she strongly believe that a happy working environment attracts positive energy which naturally boosts performance of all CAtizens.
[Privacy Matters… It’s Personal Data Protection]
If you are receiving this for the first time and just in case you have missed out our previous issue on this matter, please read our Personal Data Notice in both English and Bahasa Malaysia. Your rights are clearly stated under Clause 7, READ it once and for all!
Meanwhile, we are utmost pleased to assist you to stay in safe hands in and compliance with the already in force Personal Data Protection Act.
Our 1st Chinese publication on real estate, 购房彬法 (Chris’ Art of War in Purchasing Property)
This publication had been launched in the many ways (Test Sales, First Sales, Book Sharing and Official Launch) in the following events recently:
- 12 – 13 July 2014 @Property Investment Convention 2014, Sunway Pyramid Convention Center
- 18 – 20 July 2014 @ Nanyang Property Fair, KL Convention Center
- 26 July – 3 Aug 2014 @ Bookfest Malaysia 2014, KL Convention Center
Check out the event photos here.
This very unique book can now be purchased in all bookstores nationwide and online anytime at Christan.my
En bloc sales – do we need them? Such property sales could be the way of the future for Malaysia
In May, Chris shares his thought on potential of en-bloc sales for Malaysia as the future trend in property sales. Read More…
Clear policy on bulk purchasing vital
In June, Chris shares and revealed the need for clear policy on bulk purchase in property investment. Read More…
Homebuyer due diligence
In July, Chris shares some tips and right mindset for Homebuyer in doing their homework before placing their purchase. Read More…
Join Chris Tan Talk this August…
Chris will be sharing on “Legal Challenges for Property Investment 2014” this coming Saturday, 16 Aug at The Clubhouse @ Garden Residence, Cyberjaya…
Come join us and experience how it’s like to be in “GREEN LIVING”…
Kindly RSVP – Jason 012 3911555 / Nathan 012 5896928 because seats are limited. See you.
CAlebration & Play Time!
This year, in the month of Ramadhan, all CAtizens indulge ourself for buka puasa by having a Big Feast at ZamZam CafE & Satay Club, PJ.
It is our culture to celebrate all festive in a FUN way by eating BIG and playing HARD. That’s RIGHT!!!
Rhythm, rhythm, rhythm…
In May, Chye En has taken the lead in selecting “The Rubber Band Model” that depicted how a dilemma can be balanced out, asking “What is HOLDING you” and “What is PULLING you” to have a better understand on the consequences toward our decision making.
In the July Rhythm’s Learning, Calvin shared with the “Eisenhower Matrix”.
In using the model, we can easily manage our “To Do” list by categorizing it base on its importance and urgency.
In the same meeting, Chris also shared on his learning of the just completed World Cup 2014 in Brazil on the wisdom of Louis Van Gaal in changing his goalkeeper in the last minutes of extra time to take penalty and the impact of “trust” and “confidence” to the first goalkeeper that got changed but was left on the field to take penalty shootout in the subsequent match. That’s always two sides of coin with many perspectives.
Next up in August, the baton is now passed to Joanne for our next collective learning.
LISTEN, LISTEN, LISTEN!
But this time it is “when you speak, we listen!” – AskCA@Thursday, CAnswer@Tuesday and Myth Buster is here to clear your doubts!!!
- Myth#69: Entitlement of remission on stamp duty for home purchase
- Myth#68: Must all developers possess a valid license?
- Myth#67: What happens if you brought a stolen car according to Sale of Goods Act 1957
- Myth#66: Using Thumprint instead of Signature to execute a WILL?
- Myth#65: Winning big
- Myth#64: Distribution of Estate
- Myth#63: Terminating Sale and Purchase Agreement under Schedule H of Housing Development (Control and Licensing) Act 1966?
- Mythbuster #62: Will is a document chargeable with stamp duty? (Licensing)
- Mythbuster #61: Delay on Vacant Possession for Commercial Property?
- Mythbuster #60: Executor can choose not to follow the content of the Will?
- Mythbuster #59 Timeline required for Land Office to process on transfer of property
- Mythbuster #58 Right to vote in AGM before entering into SPA?
- Mythbuster #57 Permit to distribute newsletter
- Mythbuster #56 What happens to an inactive bank account?
- Mythbuster #55 Overstayed Tenant
CA in the News!
- 星洲日報‧大都會Sin Chew Metro pg. 14~ July 30, 2014: 陳佐彬身穿諸葛亮服裝‧逗趣推介《購房彬法》
- 大马房地产REM (REAL ESTATE MALAYSIA), pg. 60-61~ July 2014, Vol. 28: 脱售仍未竣工房子须知
- PROPERTY HUNTER, pg. 50-51~ July 2014: Trending Up Legally in view of the Property Boom in Malaysia (Part 3)
- SWEET HOME pg. 74-76~ June & July2014, Vol. 47: 服务公寓不属商用 谨慎查明合约内容执照
- 南洋商报Nanyang Property Weekly pg. H08-H10~ June 13, 2014:如10年前的吉隆坡 砂拉越下一个产业目标
- 大马房地产REM (REAL ESTATE MALAYSIA), pg. 64-65~ June 2014, Vol. 27: 当房产成为“商品”
- Property INSIGHT, pg. 54-57~ June 2014: Fathom The Sales And Purchases Agreement
- PROPERTY HUNTER, pg. 50-51~ June 2014: Lining Up for Real Estate 2014 Legally
- 南洋商报Nanyang Property Weekly pg. H08-H10~ July 4, 2014: 上半年房市阴霾渐退散； 下半场，进攻！