Hello October 2014!
In the title of Awie’s famous song “Tragedy Oktober”, the nation is braced for the announcement of Budget 2015 and you should have heard it from our Prime Minister by now.
Here’s a tip! It’s just a first reading in the Parliament and it will still be subjected to further debate and amendments. You should keep follow up to fully prepare yourself for the impact of GST in 2015.
Raising the Bar for Selangor
Effective 1 September 2014, foreign purchase of property in Selangor has been reviewed and implemented. Read all about it here.
[Privacy Matters… It’s Personal Data Protection]
If you are receiving this for the first time and just in case you have missed out our previous issue on this matter, please read our Personal Data Notice in both English and Bahasa Malaysia. Your rights are clearly stated under Clause 7, READ it once and for all!
Meanwhile, we are utmost pleased to assist you to stay in safe hands in and compliance with the already in force Personal Data Protection Act.
PubliCAtions, Facts, Infos…
Our 1st Chinese publication on real estate, 购房彬法 (Chris’ Art of War in Purchasing Property) had been launched since July and is now available to be purchased in all bookstores nationwide and online anytime at Christan.my.
Next Up… The English publication on real estate that you have been waited long will be out soon… Watch out for it in November… Stay tuned with us on more updates!
Build-then-sell in 2015?
In August, Chris shares his thought on the Build-Then-Sell (BTS) model that possibly to be made mandatory for all housing developmrnts to replace the ever-popular sell-then-build (STB) model towards a significant role in the rapid nation building in the last two decades. Read all about it here.
CAlebration & Play Time!
This year and for the 1st time we CAlebrate and have our Raya Pot Luck in our CAstle!
We CAtizens were indulged with variety of the scrumptious home cooked food prepared by our colleagues.
CA gots Talents! ThaT’s RIGHT!
Rhythm, rhythm, rhythm…
In August, Joanne has selected “THE TEAM” Model that can be used as a tool for organization in achieving different set of goals.
For example, in order for CA to launch their Accounts SOP effectively, the leader would use the model to identify criteria (soft skill or hard skills that is important for the SOP) and then positioning each individual stance to determine the overall team position (which clearly identify their strength and weaknesses) accordingly.
Beware, as the real strength lies in the “differences” not in similarities which is needed to complement one another to make a good team.
For September, Sheila has chosen THE MAKING OF MODEL as part of her sharing for CAtizens’ learning. Whereby, the model that is inspired by The Grove consultancy depict how to work out from the past and what to take with you from the past to have the future plan out well.
To illustrate further, Sheila had used it in consequences of CA in search of new office and latest company trip where past experience is definitely essential for the company to determine a good venue for pleasant and convenient environment for all CA’tizens as well as our valuable clients. Similarly, one could also plan a company trip better by looking at the best and worst experience from the past.
Next up in October, the baton is now passed to Jackson for our next collective learning.
LISTEN, LISTEN, LISTEN! But this time it is “when you speak, we listen!” – AskCA@Thursday, CAnswer@Tuesday and Myth Buster is here to clear your doubts!!!
- Myth #74 Foreigner purchasing property in Selangor [Full Version of Latest Circular INSIDE]
- Myth #73: Lengthening the period of progressive payment to the developers?
- Myth #72: Application for extension in leasehold tenure?
- Myth #71: Confused on GST charged before 1st April 2015?
- Myth #70: Extension of Lease
CA in the News!
- BFM 89.9 The Property Show Legal Clinic (Ep 3), 26-Sep-14 17:01 by Chris Tan
- 南洋商报Nanyang Property Weekly pg. H03, Sep 5, 2014: 房子换发展商脱售需缴税吗？
- 大马房地产REM (REAL ESTATE MALAYSIA) Knowledge Charger, pg. 94~ Aug 2014, Vol. 29: 购房必读彬法
- Property INSIGHT, pg.40-42~ Sep 2014 Building Residential on Commercial Development Land
- Property INSIGHT pg. 68-70~ Aug 2014 SELL-WHEN-BUILDING
- Property INSIGHT, pg. 54-57~ July 2014 TIPS TO READ YOUR S&P AGREEMENT
- PROPERTY HUNTER, pg. 104-105~ Sep 2014: Reading Your Tenancy Agreement
- PROPERTY HUNTER, pg. 34-35~ Aug 2014: Trending Up Legally in view of the Property Boom in Malaysia (Part4)