On 3rd October 2013, we receive 1 question from Mr. Wat Kar Keng:
Landed property delayed almost 2years.bank loan disbursement 70%. What can I do? Can I file my case at tribunal?
First and foremost, only homebuyer purchasing property that fall within the ambit of Housing

Development (Control and Licensing) Act 1966 (“HDA”) is entitled to file a claim at tribunal.

Assuming that you have bought a landed residential property from the housing developer whereby, the sale and purchase agreement (“SPA”) is governed under the Schedule G of the Housing Development (Control and Licensing) Regulations 1969 (“HDA Regulations”).

If the developer didn’t deliver vacant possession of the property to you within 24 months from the date of SPA you may file your case to the Tribunal for Homebuyer’s Claim (“Tribunal”). Do take note that the Tribunal shall have jurisdiction to determine a claim of less than RM50,000.00.

If your property does not fall within the ambit of HDA or your claim is more than RM50,000.00, then you may consider to file an action against the developer in the Court