Welcome to Q2 of 2011 and it’s time to re look at the targets that you have set for this year and see whether any adjustments required. A good guide is not to adjust your targets (unless absolutely not feasible) but instead adjust your route map in getting there now that you have only 3 quarters to do it.
Distractions are everywhere in doing what want to achieve and the temptation is always great to give up! There is always something to pull you back when you are charging forward, but you just have to journey on, sunshine or rain. Change is the only constant; you just simply cannot afford to stand still.
Looking at the disastrous Q1 nature wise and worldwide with Active Volcano, Flood, Earth Quake, Tsunami that now leads to the health hazards caused by the radioactive leak from the Nuclear Power Plant, we must learn from the courage of the survivors that endure only a normal life instead of feeling small and helpless. Similarly, the same courage we see in the Jasmine revolution that revolt against the tyranny of men.
CAtizens observe these events unfold with empathy and learn the humility at the same time as we journey on to complete our 8th year as a sustainable business proposition for everyone involved. We are stronger as a team now and everyone take ownership of the CA brand. We continue with our monthly ‘Rhythm’ meetings with purpose and completed our first annual review session with the Junior Partners, who are growing into the CA Brand that they CHURned out every day with new challenges to be overcame along the way.
Just like this monthly newsletter of Delivery Otherwise, it is now more like a quarterly issue in practice. We strive to adjust this as everyone is bombarded with too much information these days where news is no longer news in matter of seconds.
Here’s our sweet and short report of what happened since the last time we wrote and what are the things to come from the CA perspective:
1) CA Talentime
CAtizen Rachel will be called and admitted to the Malaysian Bar on 15 April 2011 and she will continue her journey in CA as a legal assistant for the Real Estate practice. We also have new “CAmbassador” in Amanda Biffin who have returned to Monash University Melbourne having graduated from her 2 months internship in CA.
While we welcome Wei Chee on board as a paralegal to assist JP Ee Zheng, CA is still looking for:
a) Legal Assistant
b) Account/ Admin Assistant
c) Paralegal/ Clerk
Write in to our JP Ting Ting at email@example.com
2) CA in the news
Nanyang Siang Pau – Saturday Columns on Entrepreneurship
- 8 January 2011 (设立一间公司 ～ 第二篇)
- 15 January 2011 (设立一间公司 ～ 第三篇)
- 22 January 2011 (设立一间公司 ～ 第四篇)
- 29 January 2011 (设立一间公司 ～ 第五篇)
- 12 February 2011 (设立一间公司 ～ 第六篇)
- 19 February 2011 (设立一间公司 ～ 第七篇)
- 26 February 2011 (设立一间公司 ～ 第八篇)
- 05 March 2011 (设立一间公司 ～ 第九篇)
- 12 March 2011 (设立一间公司 ～ 第十篇)
- 19 March 2011 (设立一间公司 ～ 第十一篇)
- 26 March 2011 (设立一间公司 ～ 第十二篇)
- 02 April 2011 (设立一间公司 ～ 第十三篇)
Nanyang Siang Pau – Sunday Columns on Real Estate
- 2 January 2011 (Legal Wise屋法无边)
- 9 January 2011 (屋法无边)
- 16 January 2011 (房屋买卖/转让需多久？)
- 23 January 2011 (印花税优惠有条件）
- 30 January 2011 （出租的梦想 vs 噩梦)
- 6 February 2011 （预防胜于治疗）
- 13 February 2011 （法律制度亲租户）
- 20 February 2011 （业主驱租客须庭令）
- 27 February 2011 （共管社区屋主须知）
- 06 March 2011 （成立联合管理机构）
- 13 March 2011 （成立管理公司须知）
- 20 March 2011 （建筑官员的职务）
- 27 March 2011 （买屋合约怎么签）
- 03 April 2011 （共管社区维修权益）
The Busy Weekly (14 March 2011) where I was interviewed on the rules and regulations that regulate company offering interest to the public particularly as an investment opportunity
The Property Show at BFM89.9
“Tell It Like It Is” at DurianFM.com – Check out this latest online radio where I will be featured every Tuesday and Friday to comment on current affairs and thematic discussion.
- 28 January 2011 – Chinese New Year CA Dinner 2011, China Treasures, Sime Darby Convention Centre, Kuala Lumpur
- 22 February 2011- Presenting a paper on Strata Development Management at the Sustainable Building & Facilities Management Conference, Prince Hotel & Residence, Kuala Lumpur
- 15 March 2011- Presenting on “Do you have a GREEN Agenda for your life?” for PM Resources’ 1Q 2011 Morning Tea Talk, Wisma UOA II, Kuala Lumpur
- 26 March 2011- “Turning GREEN” Author Appearance at MPH Midvalley, Kuala Lumpur
- 27 March 2011- Presenting a paper on “Strata Living Legally” at PAIA Signature Property Edition 2011, KLCC
- 1 April 2011- CA Outing Dinner and Movie at Midvalley, Kuala Lumpur
- 5 April 2011 to 8 April 2011- Business Trip to Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
- 16 April 2011-“Turning GREEN” Author Appearance MPH Gurney Plaza, Penang
- 21 April 2011- NTV 7 Breakfast Show on Buying a Property
- 27 April 2011 to 29 April 2011 – 12thFIABCI Asia Pacific Regional Secretariat Summit, Batam, Indonesia
In our 8th year of operation of operation now, we have consolidated our position and now presenting to you – “Chur Associates, Everything Real Estate.”
We are your industry-specific specialists that advise you from the upstream of:
“Land/ Asset Acquisition, Development Joint-Venture, Building Contract Management, Mixed Use Strata Advisory, Bridging/ Project Financing, Project Sales Transactional Advisory, Disputes Management”
to the individual downstream of:
“Primary and Secondary Market Transactions, End-financing, Lease/ Tenancy”
as well as the institutional downstream of:
“Listing of Real Estate Company in the Stock Exchange, Sale and Lease Back, Foreign Acquisition, Cross-border Investment, Real Estate Investment Trust etc”
Our inept knowledge and familiarity in the wide spectrum of Real Estate and related industries enable CA to be your tailored made business enabler! Tell us how you feel on this by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Last Word CheckED
I think certain “Walker” have been hitting it on the nail all this while by reminding us to “Keep Walking” as the only constant in life is CHANGE!
If you are standing, you are sinking – and you wonder why they said “Die-Standing”?